Sunday Worship Service
Our Sunday Worship Service is the highlight of our church life and the primary way we build together as a community. Our liturgy includes worshiping God through singing, praying, reading scripture, listening to teaching from the Bible and celebrating the Lord’s supper. Our gatherings are held at our church building at 229 Moore Street Philadelphia, PA 19148. We have two identical worship services, one at 9am to 10:15am and the other from 11am to 12:15pm.
Join us this Sunday
Christ Church South Philadelphia
229 MOORE STREET
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19148
9 AM OR 11 AM
ONLINE CHURCH SERVICES
9 AM OR 11 AM
What to Expect at our Gathering
– Some people dress really casually in flip flops and shorts, others like to dress up a little more by either putting on a dress or a button down shirt. Please feel free to wear whatever makes you comfortable.
– Dynamic music with a mix of both contemporary songs and traditional hymns. Our focus is to sing Christ Centered songs, whether they are 300 years old or 3 months old.
– A time of prayer for our church, city, country and world.
– Preaching that is clear, relevant and straight from the Bible. Critical thinking is encouraged and any questions about the sermon can be texted in to the pastor as he preaches. These questions are answered on our church blog during the week.
– Parking within 1-2 blocks of the building. We have permission to use the parking lot at EOM Sports Field at front and Moore and also underneath the I95 overpass with an entrance at Front and Tasker. There is also street parking available.
– Current health precautions for COVID-19
- Wearing a mask over the nose and mouth is required at all times.
- In between services all high contact surfaces will be cleaned extensively.
- We will be keeping our doors open, as well as, running our upgraded air ventilation systems continuously to make sure the air in the room is being regularly exchanged.
- Individuals should protect themselves and others by:
- Frequent hand washing (20 seconds, soap, and water) and using hand sanitizer placed around the building.
- Abstaining from hugs and handshakes.
- Staying home from in-person services if they or others they live with are showing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting