Sunday Worship Service
Our Sunday Worship Service is the highlight of our church life and the primary way we build together as a community. Our liturgy includes worshiping God through singing, praying, reading scripture, listening to teaching from the Bible and celebrating the Lord’s supper. Our gatherings are held at our church building at 229 Moore Street Philadelphia, PA 19148. Coffee, bagels, and light refreshments are served at 9:30 am. Our worship service begins at 10:00 am and ends around 11:30 am.
What to Expect at our Gathering
– To be warmly welcomed no matter who you are! Get here early and help yourself to some awesome bagels from South Street Bagels.
– Some people dress really casually in flip flops and shorts, others like to dress up a little more by either putting on a dress or a button down shirt. Whatever you feel comfortable to wear, you are welcome to wear.
– Dynamic music with a mix of both contemporary songs and traditional hymns. Our focus is to sing Christ Centered songs, whether they are 300 years old or 3 months old.
– After we all sing together as families, our kids go to a safe and nurturing children’s ministry program where they are taught about Jesus by trained volunteers, while the adults stay for the preaching of God’s word. If it would be your preference, you are welcome to keep your kids with you throughout service. For more information please go to our Christ Church Kids section.
– Preaching that is clear, relevant and straight from the Bible. Critical thinking is encouraged and any questions about the sermon can be texted in to the pastor while he preaches. He follows up in the coming week on each one.
– An opportunity to be prayed for after the service, or speak to a pastor about any spiritual questions you might have.