We are excited to be able to worship Jesus together back in our normal space, even if it won’t feel quite “back to normal.” God has hardwired us to be at our best when we are in community with others. While we are grateful for technology that allows us to stay connected virtually, nothing can fully replicate being in person.
We are seeking to do our best to provide a safe environment for this in person gathering. Please review all our guidelines below.
Hope to see you on a Sunday sometime soon!
JOIN US ON SUNDAYS
Christ Church South Philadelphia
229 MOORE STREET
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19148
8:45 AM OR 11 AM
ONLINE CHURCH SERVICES
8:45 AM OR 11 AM
- We will offer two morning services each Sunday at 8:45AM and 11:00 AM. Our liturgy will follow what we have been doing in our outdoor service and last for about an hour. We will continue to offer an online option for those unable to attend in-person.
- Wearing a mask over the nose and mouth is required at all times.
- In between services all high contact surfaces will be cleaned extensively.
- We will be keeping our doors open, as well as, running our upgraded air ventilation systems continuously to make sure the air in the room is being regularly exchanged.
- Church members should protect themselves and others by:
- Frequent hand washing (20 seconds, soap, and water) and using hand sanitizer placed around the building.
- Abstaining from hugs and handshakes.
- Staying home from in-person services if they or others they live with are showing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Auditorium seating has been socially distanced by creating various seating “islands” through placing black cloth over seats that are closed. Please do not sit in a seat with a black cloth on it.
- The restrooms are limited to 2 people at a time.
- Parking can be found on the street, or at Edward O’Malley Athletic Association at 144 Moore Street, or underneath the 95 overpass, entrance at Morris Street.
- In order to attend one of our Sunday Services, you will need to register online by visiting our website at www.christchurchsouthphilly.org/register. Registration is limited and will be given on a first come first served basis.
- We will reserve a few extra seats each week for guests who walk in.
- We will continue to offer children’s ministry online at 10am on Saturdays via Zoom. To be included in the children’s ministry email list, email Pastor Steve ([email protected]g)
- We are currently not offering children’s ministry for our in person services. But we are hard at work in making plans to safely do so in the future! In the meantime, we encourage parents to bring their children to our Sunday Service. While we know this might be distracting for you and potentially others, one of our stated values is that we are passionate about investing in the next generation. So we don’t want to miss this opportunity to disciple our children in the importance of gathering as God’s church. With this in mind, everyone is encouraged to accommodate and welcome young ones in our worship service.
- We want children to enjoy coming to our church service and so activity sheets, fidget toys, and books will be provided to help keep your child occupied and give them something fun to do.
If our staff becomes aware that someone who attended our Sunday Service tested positive for COVID-19, we will notify the people who were in attendance on that day and move our worship services to online for 1 week in order to allow for the 10 day incubation period to pass.