Below is some follow up to our Sunday Service. I hope it serves you continue to engage the truth that was taught.
Also, as you do your holiday shopping, I want you to know that if you shop on Amazon you can use Amazon Smile to help support Christ Church. Just click on this link https://smile.amazon.com/ch/46-4365583
- Are there any ways that you need to currently take a stand for Jesus?
- Do you have a healthy habit of confession? What steps do you need to take to pursue a clear conscious?
- In what situations are you tempted to be more aware of people than God?
- How much does Jesus’ opinion of you matter to you?
- What would it look like for you to be more dependent on the Holy Spirit when speaking up for Jesus?
- What’s the most encouraging thing you heard on Sunday and how can that help you continue to grow in your faith?
Question 51: Of what advantage to us is Christ’s ascension?
Answer: Christ physically ascended on our behalf, just as he came down to earth physically on our account, and he is now advocating for us in the presence of his Father, preparing a place for us, and also sends us his Spirit.
Scripture: Romans 8:34
Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.
Hymn by Charles Wesley
Arise, my soul, arise! Shake off thy guilty fears;
The bleeding Sacrifice in my behalf appears.
Before the throne my Surety stands;
My name is written on his hands.
He ever lives above, for me to intercede,
His all-redeeming love, his precious blood to plead.
His blood atoned for all our race,
And sprinkles now the throne of grace.
Five bleeding wounds he bears, received on Calvary;
They pour effectual prayers, they strongly plead for me:
“Forgive him, oh, forgive!” they cry,
“Nor let that ransomed sinner die.”
My God is reconciled; his pardoning voice I hear.
He owns me for his child; I can no longer fear.
With confidence I now draw nigh,
And “Father, Abba Father!” cry.