A number of people have been asking me for an update on my health, which I really appreciate. I am so grateful for the prayers that have been sent my way!
I continue to experience repeated infections and I am starting a new course of antibiotics today. Overall I feel fine. My energy levels are good, my pain is minimal and I am able to live my normal lifestyle. So when you ask me how I’m doing and I say, “Fine”, I promise I’m not lying. However, repeated infections are obviously not a good thing and so something needs to be done. So far the doctors have been unable to determine what is causing these infections. I’m having a procedure tomorrow which they hope will be able to determine the cause and allow them to formulate a plan of action. If that is inconclusive, there are two other kinds of tests I can do in the coming weeks.
If you’d be so kind as to pray for me, here is what you can pray:
- That the cause of these infections would be identified.
- That the treatment would not require invasive surgery (there is a high likelihood that it will-pray for a miracle!)
- That God would give me faith to trust Him as I have so much of my time taken up with doctor’s appointments, follow ups, etc… For a guy who likes to get things done and be productive, it doesn’t get much worse then spending hours every week in various doctor’s offices.
- That God would give me opportunities to share the gospel with those I come in contact as I go through this ordeal. I need His strength to walk this out in a way that honors Him and is a good witness for Him.
- That the Eagles would turn their season around… Ok, I’m not really asking you to pray for that! I just figured since I had your attention, I’d give it a try 🙂