Christ Church Updates
- Family Meeting: On October 18, at 7:00pm we will be having a 90 minute Family Meeting to discuss reopening and some important missional opportunities that have been presented to our church. This meeting will be held both in person at our church building and streamed online.
- Small Groups: This week, join us as we continue in our series called “Gospel in Life.” We live in a world starving for some good news. Yet as followers of Christ we are privy to the greatest news ever told. This series is an eight session video curriculum by pastor and author Tim Keller in which we seek to grow in our understanding of the good news of the Gospel, and our effectiveness in sharing it with those around us. Our bi-weekly Small Group meetings are held Sunday afternoon at 12:30pm and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night at 7:30pm. Sign up at: christchurchsouthphilly.org/church-online.
- Prayer and Praise Night: Our Prayer and Praise Night which was originally scheduled for the 25th of October has been rescheduled to November 15th, because of our Family Meeting on October 18th.
- Women’s Bible Study: Next week, join other women as they continue studying the Sermon on the Mount and watching a video together by Jen Wilkin. The studies meet every other week on Sunday afternoons, Monday nights and Friday mornings. In addition, on Saturday mornings there is a group doing an inductive study of 2 Peter. This is a good study for those who want to learn how to study the bible. Sign up at this link: https://forms.gle/7FT8zC6N2QpQTBZx6 or email Angie Boettcher for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Bible Study: Our men’s Bible studies will be studying 1 John. Meetings will happen weekly on Tuesdays (7-8am) on Zoom and also bi-weekly on Wednesdays (7:30-8:30pm). To join, sign-up online: christchurchsouthphilly.org/church-online.
- CC Care FB: Check out our Facebook Group for resources for the community Christ Church South Philly Community Page
- Children’s Ministry: Children’s Ministry is every Saturday at 10am on Zoom. Join our email list by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Recovery Meetings: The combined New Life Recovery Meeting and Women’s Family Support Group meets on Friday night from 7-8:30pm via Zoom.
- Online Giving: Give online at christchurchsouthphilly.org/give
- Texting Numbers: New to Christ Church?- Text “CONNECT2CC” to 94000 // Want to connect more? Text “CONNECT2CC” to 94000.
Sunday Prayer Meeting 9am
Call to Worship 10am
Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! For there the LORD has commanded the blessing, life forevermore.
Celebrating God in Song Playlist
- Oh, How Good It Is
- Build My Life
Luke 17:1-6 (ESV)
And he said to his disciples, “Temptations to sin are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were cast into the sea than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin. Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.” The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!” And the Lord said, “If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.
Title: “Relationships Require Faith”
Text: Luke 17:1-6
Responding to God’s Word in Song
- Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me
Galatians 2:20 (ESV)
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.