This is certainly unprecedented times and we need to benefit from the strength of our community now more than ever. While much of our in person ministry has to be limited, we believe God is going to meet us in new ways. This outbreak is an opportunity to press into one another and seek to serve our neighbors, while being dependent on the Lord. This virus is not greater than our Jesus!
This is an ever changing situation, but here are some initial steps that we are taking:
Tune in, send the link to your neighbors, friends, co-workers and families and watch how God meets us!
2. Our small groups will have weekly webcasts for prayer and support. If you are not part of a small group, you can sign up HERE.
3. I will be sending out a daily devotional on our Youtube channel which you can subscribe to HERE
4. We have a Facebook group that is open to our neighbors and that we hope will help keep us connected during this time of social distance.: Christ Church Community Care.
5. We have a list of resources for to help you navigate this time together. SHUT IN RESOURCES
6. We will increase our podcast production and release at least two podcasts per week addressing various topics on how to navigate this moment of our history. SUBSCRIBE PODCAST HERE
7. We want to connect people with needs to those with resources and so if you have needs that arise, or are aware of a need that exists, please reach out to Pastor Matt at [email protected].
8. You can continue to support the work of Jesus at Christ Church by GIVING HERE or sending mail to 229 Moore Street Philadelphia, PA 19148.
Our pastoral team shared some thoughts when this all started breaking and they are still true today. I reread this post regularly to help keep myself fixed on the Lord as we navigate these days. https://christchurchsouthphilly.org/how-should-christians-respond-to-the-coronavirus/
Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together! I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. (Psa 34:3-5 ESV)
May Christ guard and guard each one of us,